Tough decision. I'm out!!! I made the decision to pull out of Ironman Arizona. I don't like to think of this decision as quitting....My reasons are simple....I don't love the swim or the bike for that matter. I love the run. I don't have the time to spend training to really RACE!
Time is valuable for me this year. My oldest son is a senior in high school and my youngest in the 7th grade. The seconds, minutes and hours count for me right now. Time I can't use selfishly on the triathlon training. I could do the same as last year for Ironman with minimal training and wing race day...BUT that doesn't make for racing!
Right now...I am going to focus on my KIDS and the RUN, ULTRA that is....I will register for Ironman in 2014 and make it a RACE!
My new race line up:
- -September: http://www.race-sfgiants.com/ , http://www.norcalmarathon.com/races/
- http://www.active.com/triathlon/pleasanton-ca/25th-annual-on-your-mark-pleasanton-triathlon-series-2012 (tri for real)
- October: http://www.oktoberun.com/ , http://www.godirtygirl.com/event-schedule/
- November: http://www.ushalf.com/
- - December: http://www.thenorthface.com/en_US/endurance-challenge/?stop_mobi=yes , http://www.honolulumarathon.org/
- - January: TBD
- - February: TBD
- - March: TBD
- - April: Boston!!!